Well, happy Monday “Pumpkin”! Need a little motivation? These muffins will brighten your day & your week … if you can make them last that long. They are full of flavor & packed with good for YOU ingredients, which will keep you going all morning! They have a bit of Fall spice to them, but still light enough to be a Summer treat. Who says you can’t enjoy pumpkin in the Summer?!
These muffins are loaded with health benefits coming from the pumpkin (vitamin C), molasses (vitamin B6), coconut oil (good HDL cholesterol), spices (anti-inflamatory), oats (fiber) and of course dark chocolate (antioxidants)!
I was inspired by my, early to rise, hard working man to make these grab n’ go breakfast muffins. I’m making it a tradition to send him off with a little bit of love that will keep him nourished all morning. ❤
Now let’s get down to the details … these are super easy to make. I like to make them on Sunday evening so they are ready to grab and eat in the morning. These will keep up to 5 days in a glass dish with a tight fitting lid. No need to refrigerate, but I’ll leave that up to you.
And here we go …
Morning Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 large organic free range egg
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup organic turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup organic blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup organic melted & cooled coconut oil (or other light oil)
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp baking soda
- a dash of sea salt
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic cardamom
- 1/2 tsp organic nutmeg
- if you don’t have all individual spices you can try pumpkin pie spice or all spice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup organic almond meal
- 1 cup organic wheat flour or organic white flour
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup organic dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbs organic hemp or chia seeds (optional)
Note: I use organic when possible.
- 1/4 cup organic almond meal
- 2-4 tbs organic turbinado sugar
- 3 tbs chopped almonds
- 2 tbs pepita seeds
- 1 tbs organic dried cranberries
- 1 tbs organic dark chocolate chunks
- 2 tbs organic melted & cooled coconut oil
- dash of organic cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°, and line a muffin tin with paper muffin liner.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine egg and pumpkin puree. Mix with a whisk or wooden spoon until smooth.
- Add in sugar, molasses, melted & cooled coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until ingredients are well combined about 2 minutes.
- Add baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. Mix until spices have dissolved.
- Mix in almond meal, wheat flour, dried cranberries, dark chocolate and hemp seeds until combined (do not over mix).
- Place batter in baking tin filling each liner evenly. About 3/4 full!
- Rinse the same bowl used for muffin batter or grab a new one.
- Add almond meal, sugar, almonds, pepita seeds, dried cranberries, dark chocolate, cooled coconut oil and cinnamon to the bowl. Use hands to combine.
- Top the muffins with heaping scoops of the mixture.
- Place muffins in the oven for 25-30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tin for about 5mins then remove to a cooling rack.
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.