Oh, how I love this time of year! Giving thanks and sharing love through food with family and friends is heartwarming, and much needed! I am lucky enough to have wonderful neighbors and a few of my grandparents right down the street from me. I wanted to express my gratitude for them with some delicious treats.
The Pumpkin Butterscotch Pudding was an experiment – I’m glad it turned so scrumptious! I did not receive any complaints, so I think everyone was happy with the results! I set a few aside for my man, too. He’s always my number one taste tester, and yet again I think I won over his heart. I am forever grateful for him!
Pumpkin is the number one ingredient for Fall, and I have no problem falling into the category of over using pumpkin durning this cold weather season. I LOVE making homemade butterscotch pudding, and being the season of pumpkin I decided to include it into my recipe. I’m so glad I did because it really brought out the toasty flavor of the butterscotch! Pumpkins are a wonderful winter squash with a sweet flavor that soothes the soul and creates warmth within the body. They also contain a healthy amount of potassium and vitamin A, which the body craves. It’s a win, win here 😉
I thought the mason jars were a good container to use for the pudding because they can be reused over and over again, plus they are pretty cute!
Now on to the Honey Spice Cookies (I posted this recipe last October)! I have made my Honey Spice recipe so many times I have lost count – they are my all time favorites (not to mention my man loves them)!
These cookies pair surprisingly well with the Pumpkin Butterscotch Pudding, and a cup of tea or coffee – if you want to get really decadent.
The spices used in this recipe warms and soothes the soul just as the pumpkin in the pudding. The spices are also anti-inflammatory and boosts the bodies immune system this time of year. And they are wonderfully aromatic!
All in all this would be a great treat from the heart for any neighbor or family member!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Pudding
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 1tsp sea salt
- 3tbs plus 1tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup organic heavy cream
- 4tbs organic unsalted butter
- 1tsp organic vanilla extract
- In a sauce pan over medium heat combine brown sugar, salt, cornstarch, milk, pumpkin and heavy cream. Whisk all ingredients until well combined. Continue to whisk until mixture starts to simmer and the pudding starts to thicken. About 10 -12 minutes.
- Remove from heat once pudding is thick and add whisk in butter and vanilla until all the butter has melted. Transfer pudding into small mason jars or any container you’d like to use, and place in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until pudding has completely cooled and set up.
- Top with homemade whipped cream and chocolate chips if desired!
Honey Spice Cookies
- 2 cups organic unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp organic ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp organic ground cloves
- 3/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 3 tbs organic unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/2 cup local honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 12oz bag organic dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raw organic sugar or organic coconut sugar (sprinkle over cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour (add a 1/4 cup more flour for a fluffier cookie), baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, pepper and cloves.
- In a large bowl beat melted coconut oil, butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add in egg, honey and vanilla until well combined.
- Gently fold in flour mixture a little at a time until combined being careful not to over mix. Then fold in chocolate chips. (dough will be sticky)
- Place heaping tablespoons of dough onto parchment paper, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are firm, and golden brown. If left in too long the cookies will be extra crispy.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk and a smile on your face!
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.