I love lazy Saturdays and fresh, beautiful veggies on the cutting board! Just look at the vibrant, bold colors of these beets and carrots … they are making me smile today. Spring is my favorite season, which inspired me to make this dish. I’m so looking forward to the warm weather and planting new Spring/Summer veggies in the garden – just one of the many simple pleasures in life.
They are almost to pretty to eat!
Beets, carrots and kale are so full of amazing nutrients it would take the rest of the afternoon for me to list them all. Here’s just a few … all are high in vitamin C, potassium, fiber, iron, antioxidants, they are very low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and so much more! Note: If you roast the beets for longer than an hour they will start to lose some of their nutritional value.
I also love cooking pork chops! It’s not an easy thing to get a nice tender pork chop, and I’ve been trying for awhile now. According to my lovely man/number one fan, I have done it! When buying pork chops, and any meat really, I buy organic or antibiotic free. Sometimes I’m able to find local organic meat, and that’s the best! Organic foods are a bit more pricey (depending on where you are), but it’s worth it in the long run for your health.
For this dish I added cumin, turmeric, oregano and other spices to the pork chops, which boots your immune system, and are full of anti-infammatory properties.
This Roasted Beets & Carrots Kale Salad with Pork Chops is so simple to make, and you might even have leftovers for lunch the next day!
Now let’s get to it!!
Roasted Beets & Carrots Kale Salad with Pork Chops
- 3 medium organic beets (peeled and chopped)
- 5-6 medium organic carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 container organic baby kale
- 3-4 medium boneless organic pork chops
- soy sauce
- sea salt
- fresh basil
- onion powder
- pumpkin seeds
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl comine chopped beets, chopped carrots, 1 tbs fresh basil, 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tbs olive oil. Mix until all of the veggies are coated with the oil mixture.
- Spread beet and carrots in one layer onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake until veggies are tender, about 25mins. After 15mins of baking stir veggies and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile place 1 – 2 tbs of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp turmeric, and 1 tsp oregano.
- Place pork chops into heated pan, add 2 tbs soy sauce and cook for about 10 – 12 minutes or until center is no longer pink. Try not to overcook the pork chops.
- In a large bowl combine kale with 1 – 2 tbs olive oil. With hands massage oil into kale which will soften the kale and make it easier for digestion. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Once roasted veggies are ready place them on top of the kale.
- Slice the cooked pork chops and place them on top of the roasted veggies.
- Sprinkle salad with pumpkin seeds and pecans.
- Place into serving bowls and smile!
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.