I love slow, relaxed Saturday mornings. This morning I was inspired to whip up my Apple Walnut Yogurt Salad. It’s full of great flavor and healthy ingredients.
Eating apples in the AM will help with digestion for the rest of the day. Not to mention apples will give you an energy boost until your mid-morning snack. You can also add a little sprinkle of cinnamon for an extra boost of energy, and to help your immune system fight off inflammation. The walnuts in the salad will provide you with a healthy dose of vitamin E and antioxidants. So much love in one little bowl of goodness!
I’ve tried using a few different types of yogurt for this salad, and I prefer strawberry whole milk greek yogurt. I feel like whole milk and whole yogurt have gotten a bad reputation, but I believe if you choose organic whole milk products it’s actually better for your body than low-fat and non-fat milk products … that is if you’re not lactose intolerant or have other dairy restrictions in your diet. Coconut milk yogurt and soy yogurt are also delicious options. It’s up to you!
If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast or snack option the salad is perfect for you!!
Now let’s make the salad! (I was inspired by one of my favorite yoga ladies for this one.)
Apple Walnut Yogurt Salad
- 2-3 small organic gala apples (or your favorite apples)
- 1/4 cup chopped organic walnuts
- 1/4 cup organic honey or agave
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 container organic strawberry greek yogurt (or your favorite berry yogurt)
- 2 tbs dried cranberries
- sprinkle of toasted shredded coconut
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a medium bowl mix apples, walnuts, honey or agave, and lemon juice until well combined. Add yogurt and mix until well incorporated. Top with dried cranberries, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.