Happy New Year everyone, I’m back!! The first few weeks of the new year have been amazing for me. I’ve been busy opening my very own Yoga Studio with my lovely business partner! It’s been a whirlwind of greatness.
I have found it to be a little challenging to find a nice balance of nutrition and yoga during all of the excitement, but considering yoga and clean eating go hand and hand I’ve been able to (mostly) stick with my routine.
I don’t know if you remember my tasty Stuffed Portobello Mushroom recipe, but I made them a few days ago (with turkey, not pork as in my portobello recipe) and had about 2 cups of the turkey mixture leftover. I love to come up with new ways to use leftovers. I’ve used the turkey mixture in casseroles, as a pizza topping, on spaghetti squash, and this time I used it to make a healthy mixed green taco salad. If you’re looking for something healthy, quick and oh so delicious give it a try! Even if you’re starting with raw turkey (not leftovers) this meal will only take you about 20 minutes to complete!
This salad full of wonderful greens and fresh veggies, and will bring back warm summer memories (which we could all use right about now) while nourishing the body. After all of the holiday eating fresh veggies are very welcome in my bowl.
Now let’s make some salad! ❤
Mixed Green Ground Turkey Taco Salad
Turkey mixture – If not already made
- 1lb organic ground turkey (or other ground meat)
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn
- 1/2 cup organic finely chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup organic chopped spinach
- 2tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 2tsp organic cumin
- 2tsp organic onion powder
- 2tsp organic turmeric
- 2tsp organic paprika
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 diced shallot
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 2 cups organic mixed baby greens
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 medium chopped organic tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped organic cilantro
- 1-2 organic chopped green onions
How to make turkey mixture:
- Heat 1tbs of olive oil in a large skillet on med heat.
- Once heated brown ground turkey with 1tsp salt, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp turmeric, and 1tsp paprika.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine 1tbs olive oil, 1tsp salt, 1tsp pepper, 1tsp cumin, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp turmeric, 1tsp paprika, diced shallot, corn, broccoli and spinach.
- Once meat is cooked add to the spice and veggie mixture. Mix until well combined.
- In a large bowl combine all fresh veggies, and drizzle with olive oil. Toss and top with turkey mixture.
- And done! Easy!!
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.