These delightful Pumpkin Pancakes will bring warmth to your Fall morning (or evening), as they pair perfectly with your favorite cup of coffee (or pumpkin latte). You can’t tell me that doesn’t sound inviting!
After I perfected my Blueberry Pancake recipe I decided to branch out and came up with these Pumpkin Pancakes. I’ve had my number one fan (my man) taste test my Pancakes, aaaaand he likes them! We had them for dinner – I guess that’s a good sign! They are also great if you are entertaining a big group for the holidays.
Pumpkin is THE Fall ingredient which is perfect because it’s full of wholesome qualities. Pumpkin is a great source of the antioxidant beta-carotene, vitamins A & C, fiber, potassium, just to name a few. Paired with all of the immune boosting spices in these pancakes you will feel energized all day!
Some tips: I have been playing around with using pie pumpkins the past few years for my pumpkin pies (and other pumpkin goodies), and they turn out great. If I’m short on time, or don’t have the patients to wait for the pumpkin to steam, I use organic canned pumpkin puree. If you do, however love the taste of a pie pumpkin I suggest preparing enough to freeze for all of your Fall treats, and you’ll always have it on hand ready to go.
These pancakes are fluffy and cake like, so if you like a thinner pancake you can try adding just a bit more milk to the mix or spoon out less of the batter onto the skillet when cooking them.
In place of an egg I used one mashed banana for some added sweetness and potassium. If you prefer to leave the banana out replace it with 1 large organic egg.
Now let’s make some pancakes!
Wholesome Pumpkin Pancakes
This recipe is easy to make, and the ingredients are readily available.
- 1 3/4 cups organic all purpose flour
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic cloves
- 1 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1 tsp organic cardamom
- 2 tbs organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup organic milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbs melted and cooled organic coconut oil
- 1 organic banana mashed
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup organic chopped walnuts or pecans
- Lightly coat large nonstick skillet or griddle with coconut oil. Set to medium heat, and let heat up while making the batter.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk coconut sugar, milk, melted coconut oil and eggs until well combined. Once mixed add mashed banana and pumpkin puree.
- Slowly add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, to liquid mixture. Mix with paddle attachment just until combined. Careful not to over mix, the batter will be slightly thick.
- Removed from stand mixer, and gently stir in the nuts.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of batter at a time and pour onto skillet. Grill 3-5 minutes each side until golden brown, and is firm yet spongy. You know it’s time to flip when the raw side starts to bubble.
- Top with organic maple syrup or raw honey, and chopped nuts.
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.