Happy Saturday! My grandma just gave me a carton of fresh dates, and I knew I wanted to make cookies with them. The flavor of dates and orange together is fantastic, and is what inspired my recipe! It’s day 5 of Attitude of Gratitude Month , so I thought I would share these tasty morsels with all of you.
I don’t bake with white chocolate often, but I’m so glad I picked up a bag of white chocolate chips on my last trip to the grocery store. They added just the right amount creaminess these cookies needed.
Also, adding the zest of just one medium orange really makes these cookies POP! I was worried the flavor wouldn’t come through, but it was the perfect amount. Along with the dates and oranges these cookies are full of fresh goodness; including pecans, cinnamon, cloves, wheat flour, coconut oil and coconut sugar. These ingredients make them perfect for breakfast with your coffee, and there’s no need to justify your actions. 😉
Some tips: As I’ve mentioned in previous recipes, make sure you melt and cool the coconut oil before you add it in with the butter and sugar. Coconut oil tends to curdle if it’s not melted before used in baking.
The dates add an extra sweetness to the cookies, so you could leave out the 1/2 cup of coconut sugar if you want something a little less sweet.
To continue Attitude of Gratitude Day 5
Yoga Pose: TWIST – HALF LORD OF THE FISHES POSE (ARDHA MATSYENDRASANA)
You’ll find the pose here in my 4 Calming, Grounding and Empowering Yoga Poses post.
Writing: I am grateful for the amazing kitchen I inherited when I moved in with Kyle. I am grateful for these delicious White Chocolate Orange Pecan Date Cookies! I am grateful for the ability to vote!
Now let’s get to the giving part – COOKIES!!
White Chocolate Orange Pecan Date Cookies Makes: about 28 cookies Prep time: 12mins Total time: about 30mins
These cookies are amazing!
- 2 cups unbleached white flour*
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour* (or an extra 1/2 cup of white flour)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter*
- 1/2 cup melted and cooled coconut oil*
- 1 cup brown sugar*
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar*
- 2 eggs*
- 1 tbs vanilla*
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1 tsp cloves*
- zest of one medium orange*
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup chopped pecans*
- 1 cup white chocolate chips*
- Preheat oven 350°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flours, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- With the mixer going add eggs, vanilla, orange zest, cinnamon, and cloves until well combined.
- With the mixer still going slowly add in flour mixture a little at a time until dough is smooth.
- Remove bowl from mixer, and fold in dates, pecans and white chocolate chips.
- Spoon out 1 tbs of dough at a time to the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave about 2inches between each cookie.
- Bake 15mins until edges are lightly brown and firm.
Enjoy for a cup of tea or coffee!
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.