Creamy Avocado Dark Chocolate Pie with a graham cracker crust and coffee whipped cream!
This pie is so decadent it’s hard to believe it’s loaded with good fats and antioxidants. An indulgence you can feel (mostly) good about!
I love watching ingredients transform as they are being incorporated together. Especially with this pie. You will be surprised how the avocado transforms the chocolate into a silky, smooth mousse like texture. Also, my graham cracker crust gives it just the right crunch to balance out the creaminess of the chocolate, and whipped cream topping.
If you have never tried the chocolate and avocado combo before, you are in for a treat! This is a great combo for vegan desserts (omitting the whipped cream topping).
You will not want to share a slice, but your friends & family will love you even more if you do!
The world is not always peaceful and just, but there are special moments you can help balance out the turmoil by giving something of yourself. For me this includes sharing good, clean food (yes, this pie) and yoga with all of you.
Creamy Avocado Dark Chocolate Pie Prep time: 30mins Total time: 6.5hrs (includes fridge time)
You will fall in love with this pie! It’s so easy to make … and eat!
- 12 oz dark chocolate chunks*
- 1 can full fat coconut milk* (chilled)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or maple syrup*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla*
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee*
- 1 ripe avocado*
Graham Cracker Crust
- 8 – 10 cinnamon graham crackers*
- 6 tbs melted butter*
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar*
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts* (pecans and walnuts)
Coffee Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream*
- 1 tbs can sugar*
- 2 tsp cooled brewed coffee*
Graham cracker crust
- Preheat oven 350°
- Grease a pie pan/dish with coconut oil.
- Blend graham crackers into a fine crumb in a blender or food processor.
- Pour ground graham crackers into a medium bowl and add melted butter, coconut sugar and nuts until combined.
- Press graham cracker mixture into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake for 10mins until crust is golden brown and firm.
- Set aside and let crust cool completely. You can place it in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
Chocolate Pie Filling
- In a medium saucepan melt chocolate chunks with cream from the top of chilled can of coconut milk.
- Once chocolate and cream have melted add in 1/4 cup of coconut milk from can of coconut milk and 1/4 cup of brewed coffee.
- After coconut milk and coffee have integrated add in brown sugar/maple syrup and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove chocolate mixture from heat and set aside to cool.
- While chocolate is cooling blend avocado in blender until completely smooth.
- Once chocolate is cooled add into blender with avocado, and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour chocolate and avocado mixture into pie crust and chill for 4 – 6 hours.
Coffee Whipped Cream
- Pour heavy cream and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer. With the whisk attachment, whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Remove bowl from mixer and gently fold in brewed coffee 1 tsp at a time. Careful not to over mix.
- Once pie is set spread whipped cream over entire pie, and garnish with crushed graham crackers and chocolate (optional).
Smile and enjoy!
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.