Oh my! I have been making and perfecting my banana bread recipe for years! It’s always a big hit around this time of year, and throughout the year really. I love making it, and this year I’ve decided to share my secret recipe with all of you! And I’ve added a special ingredient, PUMPKIN!
Pumpkin makes everything better! Not only does it add the perfect moistness to the bread, but also it’s full of heart healthy nutrients. Pumpkin combined with the cloves and nutmeg in this recipe are sure to give you a burst of energy while supporting your immune system.
Last fall I made so many of these delicious loaves of goodness as gifts for my yoga students, friends and family that I had to buy a mini loaf pan. It makes up to 18 mini loaves at a time. What a time saver, and handy tool to have around the kitchen!
This recipe is simple to make and there’s no need for a mixer!
Some tips: Make sure to melt the coconut oil and let it cool before adding it to the banana mixture, otherwise it will harden and won’t mix into the batter.
Choose bananas that are ripe, and slightly brown. This really brings out the sweetness of the bananas.
I use coconut sugar, but you can use raw cane sugar if that’s what is available to you. I have seen coconut sugar popping up more and more in grocery stores these days, so give it a try next time you see it in the baking aisle.
I like to use pecans instead of walnuts in my banana bread, but if you are a walnut person go for it! Side note: the nuts did not make into the photo above.
Now let’s bake!
Pumpkin Banana Bread Makes: 9 mini loaves & one regular loaf Prep time: 15mins Total time: 40mins
This Pumpkin Banana Bread is simple to make, and will become your fave!
All ingredients in this recipe are organic.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or raw cane sugar)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- pumpkin seeds for topping
- Preheat oven 350°
- Grease a mini loaf pan or a regular loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl mash bananas with a fork until smooth, then add pumpkin and coconut oil. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Add sugar, egg and vanilla, continue mixing until sugar has dissolved and all ingredients are incorporated.
- In a medium bowl whisk baking soda, salt, flour, cloves and nutmeg.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the wet batter just until combined, then add pecans.
- Pour batter into mini loaf pan filling each about 3/4 full, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20-25mins.
- If using a regular loaf pan you may need to bake for 30mins.
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.