Just in time for Fall, my first post is going to warm your heart & soul. This recipe has been approved by my boyfriend who said “I could eat these blueberry pancakes forever”, and “Bluberry Pancakes Forever” was born! It’s only fitting I begin my blog with this recipe.
The smell of blueberry pancakes is simply the best (although the smell of a freshly opened bag of coconut sugar is pretty amazing too)! In my cooking I use organic ingredients whenever possible. Organic cooking can be slightly more expensive, but I have found lately the prices to be more reasonable. These Fantastic Blueberry Pancakes are all organic. I would say if you’re only able to use one organic ingredient in this recipe it would be the blueberries, whether fresh or frozen. The thin skin of a blueberry will absorb whatever pesticides or chemicals are put on them while growing. I feel using organic blueberries is a great step in adding good energy into this tasty treat.
Some tips: I’ve tested different measurements of flour for this recipe and have found if you like a fluffier pancake (like I do!) use 1 3/4 cups of flour, and if you like a thinner pancake try using 1 1/2 cups of flour. The dough will be thicker the more flour you use, so try adding the flour to the wet ingredients 1/2 cup at a time.
I lightly coat the skillet with coconut oil because it’s loaded with good fats, and it gives the pancakes a light crisp.
You know when it’s time to flip the pancakes when you see bubbles forming on the raw side and the edges look firm.
You can make these Fantastic Blueberry Pancakes for breakfast or dinner, and they will always hit the spot!
Fantastic Blueberry Pancakes Makes 6-8 pancakes Prep time: 8mins Total time: 20mins
This recipe is easy to make, and the ingredients are readily available.
- 1 3/4 cups organic all purpose flour (for thinner pancakes use 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbs organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup organic milk
- 2 tbs melted and cooled organic coconut oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 organic banana sliced
- 1 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic chopped walnuts or pecans
- Lightly coat large nonstick skillet or griddle with coconut oil. Set to medium heat, and let heat up while making the batter.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer whisk coconut sugar, milk, melted coconut oil and eggs until well combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, to liquid mixture. Mix with paddle attachment just until combined. Careful not to over mix, the batter will be slightly thick.
- Gently stir in banana, blueberries and nuts.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of batter at a time and pour onto skillet. Grill 3-5 minutes each side until golden brown, and is firm yet spongy. You know it’s time to flip when the raw side starts to bubble.
- Top with organic maple syrup or raw honey, fresh blueberries and chopped nuts.
©Bluberrypancakesforever.com Please do not use my images or recipes without prior permission.